The Adventures and Misadventures of a 2nd Grader

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Funny recess

Today, when I was at recess we were Space Men. First I started, but I noticed I didn't have anybody to guard the prisoners or anything. Just when I was thinking that, Anthony came up. "Do you want to play Space Men with me?", I said. But before he could answer, a girl who chases us every morning came up, and he took off running!

Then Seth came up. "I want to play with you", he said. So I told him we were playing Space Men and we started playing. But Anthony didn't understand it and he went back and forth in the zipping line thinking that was the ship. Seth wanted a turn, but Anthony didn't let him. I saw what was going on and I explained clearly to Anthony: The big jungle gym, where the steering wheel was, was the main base. We take the zip line to get to the emergency shuttle.

Then Seth started pretending our ship was blowing up, so we took the zip line to the emergency shuttle and then, he pretended the emergency shuttle was blowing up, so we pretended to put on our space suits and took off to a different ship. There we found Cydnee. Then Seth pretended the *other* ship was blowing up and he pretended our main base was rebuilt, so we went to our main base and Cydnee followed us. That's how Cydnee joined in the game. She didn't have anyone to play with, so she joined in and did everything we did. Then Seth noticed Cydnee copying us, "Why are you copying us, Cydnee?", he asked. "I wanted to play too", said Cydnee. "Ok, you can play. We are playing Space Men."

Then Anthony went from the emergency shuttle to the main base where he told me to pretend an alien shot him, and I found him left in green goo. So, I did as I was told. I pretended that it was a long time since he had gone there and I said, "Where is Anthony? It's been such a long time." And I went through the zip line and I pretended he was covered in green goo. Then he got up and pretended he didn't remember what happened, so I told him what I pretended had happened.

Then Tierny came along. She asked if she could play too. Anthony said she couldn't because there was only five players allowed, and I didn't understand him because we only had 3 players. Four is not five. I didn't know Tierny was two people! Maybe the green goo made Anthony forget his Math. I wonder if he knows his money.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home