The Adventures and Misadventures of a 2nd Grader

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Another day of success

One day, I went into the blue slide of my school playground and hid in it until the bell rang. I was hiding in it because I didn't want Anthony to see me, and Tierny kept tricking Anthony that I was in other places like the grassy field or the structure.

Well, today was a funner day. We zoomed and zigged and zagged all around. It started when I (and Anthony) did not know what to play, so we (I) started playing Chase. Well, I think that you are now thinking that I was chasing him. Actually he was chasing me. I hid (in a tube) to get away from Anthony, and Anthony was looking for me and looking for me and then Zack and Cydnee-with-a-C joined in and we all had it figured out. Cydnee was Watch, Zack was half Watch/half Runner, I was Runner, and Anthony was Chaser. So the game began.

Cydnee was saying things like, "Coast is clear" and "Move to the left, Anthony is on the right" and "Zack, you're not Watch; I am!" And after a minute passed we ran under the structure and that is when Dakota and Gregory and Will joined in, and they were all Runners. We ran behind the big wall. That's where we... nearly... got caught. Anthony went to peek around one side of the wall; we ran to the other side of the wall. Then he peeked around the other side of the wall; we ran to the other side of the wall. And then he ran to our side of the wall. Some of us -- Dakota, Gregory, Zack -- went behind a littler wall and they weren't so lucky because Anthony knows that when some people are running away and they're at the wall, the first place he should look is behind the little wall. So Dakota, Gregory and Zack were chased. But Dakota climbed up the blue slide along with Gregory, and Zack stayed down. Zack was running and running until they came to the structure and Zack did a quick turn and went behind the structure. And then we went back to the tube where we had started and one minute after we got into the tube, the bell rang and the chase was over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home