The Adventures and Misadventures of a 2nd Grader

Monday, February 19, 2007

Capital-T trapped Part 2

(Read Part 1 first.)

We finally got to the lakes. One of the lakes was almost dried up. Instead of water it had mud. We got to a part that, to me, looked like a dock, to my mom, it looked like, let's say, a pit of quick sand. We got in and I walked around telling my mom, "It isn't quick sand. Look!" and dancing around it. So Anthony joined in too and then we went far deeper into it. I told Anthony that we were true explorers when we did this. Other explorers wouldn't go so far and there was a good reason why, for once were were dancing around in with the mud slushing up to the top of our feet, we counld't get out. So my dad helped me and my mom told me to use my stick to push myself out. It worked, but it brought mud along, so then I got more stuck. Then while trying to get one foot down, I was pushing one foot in, so when I got one foot out, my other foot was stuck, so I fell over to the left hand side and slushed my pants with mud. My dad told me to try and not stop so that the mud couldn't get a hold of me, so I started running and got to the part of dry mud. I tried to wash my shoes off in a little stream that was running by and around an island, but under that stream was even muddier, so I got my foot out real quick. Then I saw Anthony really stuck, and my dad getting stuck with him, trying to help him. But finally, two and a half hours later (just kidding), Anthony got out. He had been stuck in the mud all the way to the top of his boots. I wanted to go on a fallen tree but my mom said no, so I wouldn't get re-stuck.

Then we went farther and I took a sharp turn in between some trees and into the dried up mud. It was dried up, so I couldn't get stuck. I went a great deal and then I came out to tell Anthony it was safe because the mud had dried up. Anthony still wasn't sure, but he joined. Then he thought there was mud, but I told him it was just sand and it was. Then I told him a good thing: sand would protect us, because the sand would stick to the mud and make it sort of smooth. Then Anthony said we had discovered a new thing: quick dirt! I wasn't really so sure, I was really sure it was mud, but I didn't argue with Anthony. When we got out, in between two trees, we saw my dad. He said he was a champion skipper. Anthony tried to challenge him. My dad went first, he skipped his rock nine times. Then Anthony, five times. Then my dad threw another one. I was counter this time: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12! My dad won. My dad threw a big piece of concrete trying to skip it. One, two. We saw a big platform with four broken poles on it. Anthony said it was the ruins of a boat; my dad said it was some kind of plug; my mom and I agreed that it was a dock and the pieces of concrete were where the dock started. Then Anthony started packing up rocks for the other lake, but it was time to go home, so we did go home. Anthony wanted me to have a sleep over with him, but I couldn't. We went across a wooden bridge and back to my house. Anthony came to our house to clean his boots, and I took off my shoes and took my pants off too before going inside my house. Then I pulled up my shirt to show Anthony my underware. Then I went up to my room to get a new pair of pants, but when I got down my shirt was dirty to. Since I was inside, I took off my shirt inside. Luckily underneath there was a t-shirt, which isn't a good shirt to wear in winter, but I went out anyway. I went with my dad to Anthony's house to help tell the story about Anthony's boots.

1 Comments:

  • Mi queridisimo Andres, esta doble aventura me parece muy interesante ya que toda la familia Gomez-Colunga, ademas de tu amigo Antony, participaron en ella. Espero que cuando nos reunamos este verano, podamos tener aventuras como esta que escribiste.
    Recibe cariƱosos besos y abrazos, que quiero se los des a Lucy y tus papis.

    Tu abuelito Ernesto

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home