The Adventures and Misadventures of a 2nd Grader

Saturday, February 03, 2007

A Trip to Antarctica

Yesterday, when I got back from school, there was a snow blizzard. It felt like I was in Antarctica. The snow was up to my head. I went around a big field but it didn't make any difference. The snow was blowing my face and blowing my hood off. The snow was blowing so fast you could even see it blowing. Like, a sandstorm, but with snow.

It was very hard to get through the snow. The snow was deep. Still, I didn't want to go through the front door so I had to turn off the sidewalk and into the big meadow. I walked through and then suddenly the top of the snow almost gave way. There was a crack looking like a hexagon, suddenly the hexagon split into two and then all the cracks gave way zig-zagging and the top of the snow broke apart. My foot got stuck. I think you think I'm crazy, but I'm not. Have you ever went walking through the snow and then suddenly feel the ground move under you? It looks like an earthquake: you just step anywhere near and then the top of the snow cracks. Then sometimes, when it cracks it goes down and suddenly your feet break it in half and the snow pieces go flying out of the hole you just made and you go flying in! I liked the feeling when that happens. It feels like I'm on an earthquake and really in Antarctica.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home