The Adventures and Misadventures of a 2nd Grader

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Swamps

Today at recess, me and my friend Kaylen went to Planet Z (it’s just a game) to discover new species. When we got off we found Planet Z a little more like Earth than we expected. Actually it’s because the aliens from Planet Z have stolen some things from Earth. The weird thing is, we didn’t take a first step on land when we got there, we took our first step on water. We stepped right into a swamp ruled by weird creatures. Even stranger, I saw something that Kaylen didn’t see: a pencil broken in two half sunken into the swamp. That swamp was up to my ankle. Then we tramped off to another swamp that was full of mud monsters. This time the swamp was up the top of my foot. Then we went to what was supposed to be our sleeping ground which was half covered in quicksand. There were some dog footprints in the quicksand. Kaylen touched them and smelled them, “Werewolf tracks” she said. I walked through the quicksand and quickly jumped out. Then we got rid of the quicksand by jumping into a bigger swam, up to half a foot high. Kaylen noticed a black thing in the edge of the big swamp. The thing was a sprinkler.

Kaylen said, “The sprinkler was stolen from Earth.”

I said, “I know something else that they stole from Earth.”

Then I took her to the first swamp to show her the pencil that broke in two. Then we went to what was supposed to be our sleeping ground. There was too much quicksand so Kaylen and I went to the next resting spot. Quicksand, but not too much. Then we slept, of course. When we woke up the bell rang.

1 Comments:

  • Mi adorado Andres, me gusto mcho tu historia, pues la aventura que tu Kayle vivieron es muy emocionante ya que el llegar a otro planeta y encontrar objetos de la tierra me parece que los sorprendio, pues han de haber pensado que alguien de la tierra ya habia estado en ese planeta o ese planeta tiene hbitantes que viajaron a la tierra y regrsaron con los objetos que ustedes encontraron.
    Gracias por darme la oportunidad de conocer tu creatividad e imaginacion
    Quien te quiere y extraña ( a Lucy y tus papas tambien), tu abuelito Ernesto

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home