The Adventures and Misadventures of a 2nd Grader

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Raptors and Rabbits

Today I played outside. I was playing that raptors were chasing me and suddenly I took a pitch stop. I took a pitch stop because I saw a real raptor. The real raptor was a real bird, and the real bird was alive. And the real alive bird was looking at me. I had a stick in my hand and with the stick I started to walk. I had the stick in my right hand so I moved the right foot first, then I moved the left foot and my right hand. That is what I kept doing for a long long long long time until I was too huskies away from the bird. I crept closer, the bird ran farther. I crept faster, the bird ran further. Then suddenly I saw another bird, flying down from from a pine tree. I looked around to find more robins and I found another one by the broken tree stump. As I was deciding which one to pick, I saw some movement by the tree stump and then another robin came out. I didn't see her because the tree bark was red like the robins to me in the sun light. I finally decided to catch the couple of the tree stump. As I crept closer, instead of creeping farther, they crept closer until I was one and a half huskies away. One brave one led to half a huskie away from me. I took two steps and she flew away. Then one of the couple, the one closer to the stump, flew over the gate so I couldn't catch her. The other one started flying. I started running after her, it flew under a tree. I went after it, four huskies away from it. It was a pretty good sight. Then I heard something. I turned to see Katia's window closed, and her shutters closed too. Had she seen something? I thought when she opened the window, I could wave to her with my stick, but then I could frighten the birds so I decided not to. She didn't open the window anyway.

Then I heard another movement. Was it Max, the dog? It turned out to be my sister. She ran up to a tree. I crept closer to the trunk of the tree and banged it hard with my stick. It didn't frighten the bird, but it did draw Lucia's attention. I motioned for her to come. She came and I told her about the robin. I pointed up to the tree. She still didn't see it. Finally, she saw it. I saw some more and I told my sister the way to walk: one, two, one, two, one, two... We got closer and then my sister was called by mom. I didn't hear mom so I kept going, following the bird. Then I saw some more movement and two tiny ears poked out of the grass. They were brown and they looked fluffy. Then the body emerged, and then as it moved, a piece of fluff taped to her bottom. It was a rabbit! I got closer but then my sister called and I ran to her. After that, I started for the bunny rabbit. When I was getting real close, I called to my mom and my sister. My mom told me to come. I came. There were some flowers sprouting and a robin very close to my house. I asked if they wanted to see the bird or the rabbit. "Rabbit!", my sister almost shouted sending the bird flying away. I told her to be quiet and I also told them that if there was no rabbit, the rabbit had simply left -- I did see a rabbit. Finally we got there. "Flowers!", my sister said running to them. "Wait, we have to remember the beat to not make the rabbit go away." One, two, one, two, I showed them. Then daddy joined us. We all crept along to see the rabbit. My sister couldn't see her until we got closer. Then the rabbit started hopping and looked the opposite direction. That is when my sister saw it; she saw the fluffy white tail. It was cute. As I crept closer the rabbit ran behind a big green metal object. I ran towards the bushes hoping to scare the rabbit to go out in the open where my sister could see it again. But when I got there, the rabbit was gone. Maybe it went to Anthony and I's secret hideaway. We would look for her tomorrow. I raced toward the robin hoping to scare them into the tree so that we could have a better look and fortunately they flew over the fence. I ran back home and my adventure was over.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home